The Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine is an elliptical workout machine that provides an effective cardiovascular workout and help burn calories and improve aerobic capacity. The 470 is fitted with a non-impact conditioning that allows your body to emulate a running motion without causing the strenuous impact on your joints, and a reverse stride which can activate different muscle groups and put more emphasis on your quads and offer an adjustable variety mid-workout. Schwinn 470 also offers a recovery test and a quick start option, and it can take users with a maximum weight of 300 pounds. The Schwinn 470 currently sells for $699.00 in Amazon and it comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame, covers 2 years on the mechanical parts, 1 year for electrical parts and 90 for labor.
- USB port that can be used for charging any kind of media device or data exchange to SchwinnConnect and MyFitnessPal
- 29 preset workout programs, 4 user profiles, and goal and performance tracking
- 2 backlit LCD consoles that allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- 25 different resistance levels with a high speed, high inertia flywheel
- 5 levels of incline and resistance for an easier or more challenging workout
- Built-in 3 speed fans, speakers, side mounted water bottle holder, and transport wheels for comfort and better mobility
- 20” stride length and 12 degrees motorized ramp
The best feature of the Schwinn Elliptical Trainer is its connectivity with the MyFitnessPal app and the Schwinn Connect website. These apps allows you to transfer details of your workout and share your fitness progress. It reduces the inconvenience of manually entering data, which can be time consuming. This is absolutely a ‘super’ elliptical machine. Although the Schwinn 470 has outstanding features and rewarding benefits, it comes with some drawback as well. Here are the pros and cons of this machine to further aid you in your choices.
The Pros and Cons of Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
- The Schwinn 470 Elliptical is the premium cross-trainer in the Schwinn lineup that gives you a lot of outstanding features at a fraction of the price.
- The 470 model is one of the only Schwinn ellipticals that comes with a backlit console, which makes it easy to read your workout stats like time, distance, pulse, calories, speed and more.
- The 20 inch stride length allows you to feel more natural and helps you to fully work your leg muscles.
- A 12 degree motorized ramp for easy adjusting and better cross-training.
- Large articulating footpedals with cushioning that adds extra support and comfort, and gives you a more natural feel with less strain on the hips.
- The Schwinn 470 is fitted with a USB port for charge your tablet or other electronic device from the console.
- The 470 model comes with a connect goal tracking. You can track and upload your fitness progress online and track your progress over time. You can also sync your fitness data to your myfitnesspal account as well.
- Display switches back and forth. You don’t get a constant display of all your workout stats on its console, it switches back and forth.
- It is a heavy machine. It comes in at 163 pounds and while this is great for stability, it makes it hard to move around.
- The 470 does not come fully assembled.
Schwinn 470, a classic American Brand, is a full featured elliptical trainer that is accessible to all users. It is a smooth running, strong, comfortable, and easy to use machine with very few faults. While it is not a commercial grade machine, it does give you a lot of outstanding, professional features that makes your workout effective. If you’re looking for an elliptical trainer that has the best workout programs that can also be customized for multiple people, then the Schwinn 470 is an excellent choice. On top of that, it can be purchased for a really low price. Overall, the Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine is a perfect mid-level elliptical machine for home users.